Update: April 8th, 2021
Please see below a letter from the Executive Director of The Pool & Hot Tub Council, Bill Roberton.
I am writing to provide the following update regarding Premier Ford’s most recent announcement on the provincial government’s COVID-19 emergency measures. The Ontario government announced that as of today, April 8, 2021 it is Reissuing Emergency Orders and Province-Wide Stay at Home Orders to slow the spread of COVID-19.
The announcement stated:
“Effective Thursday, April 8, 2021 at 12:01 a.m. the government is issuing a province-wide Stay-at-Home order requiring everyone to remain at home except for essential purposes, such as going to the grocery store or pharmacy, accessing health care services (including getting vaccinated), for outdoor exercise, or for work that cannot be done remotely. For more information please go to: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/
The Pool & Hot Tub Council of Canada continues to contact Government officials for clarity and for our industry to be officially added to the current “essential businesses” list. In the meantime, we are advising our members the order currently states:
Retail: “Limiting the majority of non-essential retailers to only operate for curbside pick-up and delivery, via appointment, between the hours of 7 a.m. and 8 p.m., with delivery of goods to patrons permitted between 6:00 am and 9:00 pm, and other restrictions”
Construction: opening and maintaining Pools and Spas may continue, with all workplace COVID-19 safety measures in place as these are businesses that cannot operate from home.
PHTCC members providing these services continue to adhere to the Provincial Government’s physical distancing guidelines as follows:
1. Ensure the customer stays indoors while the technician(s) are working onsite.
2. Maintain a physical distance of two meters from co-workers and all others.
3. Wear all necessary PPE (personal protective equipment).
4. Sanitize all surfaces and areas we have been in contact with while providing these services.
Update: January 12th, 2021
Per the Provincial Government’s Stay-at-Home Order, issued January 12th, 2021, Ultimate Pool Service Inc.’s retail location will be closed until such time as the Stay-at-Home Order is lifted.
Our office remains open remotely, and can be reached by phone at 905-827-0194 or by email at email@example.com.
For more information on the current Stay-at-Home Order, please visit the Government of Ontario’s release, here.
Update: December 26th, 2020
Ascases continue to rise at an alarming rate, a provincewide shutdown is in effect as of Saturday, December 26, 2020, at 12:01 a.m.
It will be in effect for all of Ontario until Saturday, January 9, 2021. Public health unit regions in Southern Ontario will remain in shutdown until Saturday, January 23, 2021.
The purpose of the shutdown is to help:
- stop the spread of covid 19 in communities
- save lives
- preserve health system capacity
- protect vulnerable populations and those who care for them
This decision was made in consultation with the Chief Medical Officer of Health and other health experts.
In-person shopping is not allowed in most stores. Curbside pickup and delivery can continue.
Based on the above restrictions, Ultimate Pool Service is closed to customer traffic. We do, however, remain available for curbside pickup. You can shop online 24/7. Once your order is ready for curbside pickup, you will receive an email informing you of such. Please do not arrive for pickup prior to receiving this email as your order may not be ready.
For the most up to date information on the Corona Virus Pandemic and how it relates to Ontario, please visit the dedicated provincial COVID-19 website, here.
Update: July 16th, 2020
NOTICE: MANDATORY FACE COVERINGS (BY-Law 47-20)
On Wednesday, July 15 Regional Council for the Regional Municipality of Halton approved a temporary By-Law (By-Law 47-20) requiring non-medical masks/face coverings to be worn in all indoor public spaces that are accessible to the public.
The By-law is in effect as of 12:01am on Wednesday, July 22nd, to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in Halton Region.
ALL PERSONS ENTERING OR REMAINING IN THESE PREMISES SHALL WEAR A NON-MEDICAL MASK OR FACE COVERING WHICH COVERS THEIR NOSE, MOUTH AND CHIN AS REQUIRED UNDER THE REGIONAL MUNICIPALITY OF HALTON BY-LAW 47-20. THE FOLLOWING PERSONS SHALL BE EXEMPT FROM THE REQUIREMENT TO WEAR A NON-MEDICAL MASK / FACE COVERING IN ENCLOSED PUBLIC PLACES WITHIN HALTON REGION:
- the person is under three years of age chronologically;
- the person is under three years of age developmentally and they refuse to wear a Mask or Face Covering and cannot be persuaded to do so by their caregiver;
iii. the person has an underlying medical condition where wearing a Mask or Face Covering would inhibit the person’s ability to breathe in any way;
- the person may experience a negative impact to their emotional well-being or mental health;
- the person has a developmental disability which inhibits their ability to wear a mask or face covering;
- the person has a disability whereby the wearing of a mask or face covering would limit their ability to reasonably communicate with others or otherwise present a hardship for a person or persons assisting the individual;
vii. the person is unable to place or remove a Mask or Face Covering without assistance;
viii. employees and agents of the person responsible for the Public Place within an area designated for them and not for public access, or within or behind a physical barrier;
Please be respectful of the rights of individuals who are exempt from wearing a mask in conformity with the exemptions provided in the Bylaw.
To report an incident of noncompliance, contact the Halton Regional Police Service COVID19 Hotline: 905-825-4722.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS, PLEASE CALL 311.
Important COVID-19 Update – April 9, 2020; Download Update Here
Update: April 6, 2020
Service and Maintenance
- Pool openings will completed as scheduled, we will contact you if this changes
- Weekly maintenance will continue as scheduled, we may be a day or two behind schedule during the month of May
- Non-essential service is currently on hold
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions
- Closed to the public until Ontario government allows non-essential business to continue
- Shop online – ultimatepools.ca/products
- FREE delivery within our service area and curbside pickup available
- Curbside water test drop off and pick up starting Monday April 13, 2020
- Contact email@example.com with any inquires
March 23, 2020
Following the State of Emergency declaration made by the Ontario government today, our retail store remains closed and we now have suspended all non-essential service to safeguard the health of our employees and the community.
We are fully accessible via email and telephone communications, all of our staff are working from home. We are continuing to schedule swimming pool openings with the hope that our season can begin on time. Currently, our office hours remain unchanged.
The only essential service that our company may need to provide is to drain excess water out of a pool to ensure that our customers and their neighbours don’t experience property damage. As well we are continuing to operate our online store, with free, non-contact, home delivery so that customers who have spas and hot tubs can continue to ensure that their water is balanced and safe. These services can be performed by a single individual without the risk of coming in close contact with a co-worker or customer.
We appreciate your understanding during these unprecedented circumstances and hope that you and your families are staying safe and healthy as we all await a resolution to the COVID-19 pandemic.