SDX protects against all five types of entrapment; hair, limb, body suction, evisceration, and mechanical entrapment.
• NO SUMP REQUIRED – No need to chisel out a sump to meet the1.5 times the pipe diameter sump depth requirement.
• SDX has a 1.485 FPS Volocity at the opening at a maximum listed 200 GPM
• Approved as a bulkhead fitting so the safety is in the cover and plate.
• Patented “ribbed” design achieves high flow with sixty “mini” drains
• Suction doesn’t transfer if one area is covered
• Dome shape to prevent a seal by a swimmer
• Anti-vortex shield blocks contact with direct suction
• Included with MDX as a second point of suction
• “Retro” version fits existing suction outlets up to 10” in diameter
• Stainless steel security screws
• Secondary support plate secured to protect the sump and fittings